Welcome to my blog. Contents include NBA / basketball - related posts intermingled with random mundane thoughts dashed with a bit of sarcasm and (t)wit . Style of writing is under construction. ©2005 by the NBA Addict!.
The NBA Addict!
Wednesday, December 08, 2004
If the NBA Playoffs Were Held Today...
- Cleveland would have the Eastern Conference second seed, beating out the Indiana Pacers and the Detroit Pistons for the Central Division's best record. Of course, as a result, they will face 7th seed Detroit in the first round..
- The #1 seeded team in the East would be the Washington Wizards(!!!)
- New York will claim the Atlantic (and the third seed) with a record below 0.500, and will earn a first round matchup with Indiana, who sports a record above 0.500.
- No surprise: The Spurs have the best record in the NBA.
- Big surprise: the Seattle Sonics are virtually tied with the Spurs(!).
- Above expectations: The Phoenix Suns are also virtually tied with the Spurs and tied with the Sonics..
- #1? seed? Washington Wizards! (just in case that didn't sink in)
- The Clippers make the playoffs at #7! And they'll face Seattle, increasing their chances to get past the first round of the playoffs in a very, very, very long time.
- Four Western Teams with better win % than the East 8th seed will miss the playoffs.
- Sacramento vs. Dallas in the first round. Some things wouldn't change with time.
- And lastly, the #1 seeded team in the East would be the Washington Wizards!!!(sorry, I really couldn't believe that)
The NBA Addict posted up 4:09 PM