Welcome to my blog. Contents include NBA / basketball - related posts intermingled with random mundane thoughts dashed with a bit of sarcasm and (t)wit . Style of writing is under construction. ©2005 by the NBA Addict!.

The NBA Addict!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Musical Baton

So what do we call these latest incarnation of chain mails and forwarded emails? Chain-posts? Forwarded blog entries? Blog-wards? Err...

Total volume of music files on my computer:
Less than 1GB on my office hard drive. Pathetic, I know. But that doesn't count the MP3's on the shared HD on the server. Wehe.

Last CD I bought:
The latest album by Nina methinks.

Song playing right now:
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

No Such Thing by John Mayer - Aside from having a resemblance to me (according to some people) and having a voice that's well within my singing range, I just love the melody of Mayer's songs. And the lyrics? A simple sample:
Well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings
And the drama queens
I'd like to think the best of me
Is still hiding up my sleeve
Coolness.

For You by Duncan Sheik - I always loved songs that has the vocalist effectively expressing his emotions through his song. When you feel that his emotions could extend from his voice, to the CD/MP3, to the speaker of your radio, to your ears, to your heart. That breed is rare nowadays, ever since we've been subjected to the poptarts on the radio that seem to just mechanically produce sellout songs. But when I heard this song last year, it blew me away. Made me go "Awww" and "Whoa" at the same time. Barely Breathing was cool but this was just.. sweet.:) Plus factor in me liking the song? It wasn't overplayed on the radio. :)

Wishing Wells by Eraserheads - Probably the best anthem for fantasy heads who wish that they can "go back to those fairy book tales, forget the real world a while and seek the seas of the talking whales." Or seek places where no man has gone before. Or simply just explore the nooks and crannies of Prontera. Oh, but I forget: Rokers already have an anthem - "Chicksilog". :p

Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town by Pearl Jam - Because of 3 things:
  • Because Pearl Jam rocks;
  • Because Versus rocks; and
  • Because its long-ass title rocks.
Rave Stomp by DJ Dero - Just kidding. Kung di ka Camia, or di ka Pisay at naging teacher si Mijares, di mo gets to. 3 words: Lab gown boys.

You by the Carpenters - Because it's our song. 'Nuff said.

Five people I'm passing this to:

In random order -
Jaz
Abi
Logs
Kiven
Marden

12 Comments:

oh jeezus! it's a meme.
chure chure.. :)
bloody hell! i hate chain eck-ecks!!!! =P
@paningit - Personally I'd call it just another blogger tide-me-over-till-the-next-idea-comes-along post, but thanks for that bit of info :D Clueless talaga sa 1337 speak X-0 so that's what a meme is. hehe

@abi sige intay ko

@jaz bwahaha! spread the evil! Bwahahah!
hahaha john mayer look alike.. i like your color parin nyahah -- jobarclix
someone called it a blog tag...

is why i'm here now..i'm tracking it back.. gosh ang layoooooo!!
I like the way you have layed out your blog! I am currently working on one
myself when I find time from editing my new sites.

If you would be interested in checking out my site on find cellular phone number
, I would appreciate any comments. It basically covers find cellular phone number
related stuff.

If you have time check it out :-)
Whatever it is,nokia 6100you can get it herenokia 6100
Just visited your blog, It is interesting to read. If you need some free cell phone tips, please click here .
Nice colors for the template

calfornia basketball tickets
http://www.basketball-dunk-shoot.com/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://www.basketball-dunk-shoot.com/
calfornia basketball tickets
Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

Add a comment