Welcome to my blog. Contents include NBA / basketball - related posts intermingled with random mundane thoughts dashed with a bit of sarcasm and (t)wit . Style of writing is under construction. ©2005 by the NBA Addict!.

The NBA Addict!

Monday, August 29, 2005

New Toys

Delinquent Blogger I have been! I think I have a meme or two unanswered (sorry, abi!) that I'll get to in due time. But the worst thing about having little time left for blogging is that I get to read about you guys less and less :(

Things that are keeping me preoccupied:

1) New computer.

Pentiium IV 3.0GHz on an 800MHz ASUS Motherboard, 80GB Hard disk, Radeon 9200 video card. Pretty standard setup, though I do admit the processor speed is wasted on the relatively slow video card. But hey, it's a HUGE upgrade from my K6 desktop and my Intel Celeron laptop. Courtesy of my papi. Haha what a leech.

Currently "trying the system" out with Need For Speed Underground 2 (sluggish on the default video settings), Kult: Heretic Kingdom (Diablo type game which keeps on corrupting my games... arrrgh), and Armies of Exigo (Having trouble at stage 3. Will need to GameFAQ a cheat sometime soon).

2) New digicam



It's not the speediest, nor the smallest, nor the most high-tech of the cameras out there.. but I'm a sucker for freebies. It's a 4 Megapixel, 3x optical zoom camera that came with two 256MB SD cards and an MP3 player. Not bad for Php24,000 I think. :) Anyway, I split the bill with Happy. It's the first asset that we bought that we'll get to share :)

3) Newly-concluded term at La Salle

Getting an MBA sure eats up time. But it's fun to know that I still know how to cram :) I slept 2 hours last Tuesday because I had to run a simulation on Excel for a project for my Management Science Class. (For UP IE's out there, it's IE 141 + IE 142 + IE 181 crammed into 1 trimester) Of course, I was "trying out" the new computer at the same time, hehe...

4) New job responsibility

Apparently, now I am a purchaser on top of being a marketing assistant, operations assistant, copyboy, draftsman, driver, courier, and messenger. Gods. I wish I was kidding.

Anyway, what makes being a purchaser fun is that I just realized how large a marketplace the world is already. A person called me the other day out of the blue asking for my email address. Unfortunately, I can't speak Chinese. I can't even understand Chinglish. Anyway, she proceeded to give me a quotation for MP3 players but I was looking for MP3 GREASE! Jeez. The Chinese should learn how to read English. Or hire someone who does. (Anyone out there wanna hire me? Hehe.)

Or maybe I should start taking Mandarin lessons. Ah well.

*Just curious: is $146/pc cheap for an Apple IPod 4G? I guess you'd have to buy a hundred or so...

16 Comments:

How far along are you in your MBA? Its sort of a long shot but would you happen to have a classmate with the last name acosta?
oooh.. a purchaser. lotsa opportunities to "connect" with the market, if you know what i mean. *wink wink*
sarap naman!

btw, ano palang mangyayari sa no hornets?
i ran nfsu underground with a 9200se pero it works fine 512MB ddr333 system memory eh...

should run fine with your setup unless u get greedy with the settings...

me fable na for PC and Dungeon Siege 2 nga pala
hehe...congrats on the new toys!

i'll probably be in the same mood same time next month, when the IT convention here kicks off...i swear it, laptops for dirt cheap prices :P...

will look out for your ipod...
Yes, learn Mandarin. 2 billion people. . . :)))

m
apology not accepted!



jez kiddin.. :)



tis ok.. :D
@PedXing:

Acosta? Err... did I mention that I'm *very* bad with names? Heheh. 30 units to go sa MBA, not counting a term for Written Comprehensive Exams and Oral Comprehensive Exams... That's at least exactly 2 more years to go. Shiet.

@paningit:

Actually no I don't. :p Bwehehe


@olrayt said...

Still shopping for a home. Dapat sa pinas na lang sila e. hehe

@Kiven

Yeah got greedy with the settings. Mwehehe.

Fable for PC? Perfect! I've been looking for the XBOX version, PC na lang :D


@claudzki

Thanks and Good luck! :D

@midicrux

Yep, and roughly 2 Billion characters as well. *sigh* Maybe in 2 years?


@abi

thanks thanks. ;)
canon cameras are the best. i'm now using nikon coolpix at sobrang na-miss ko lang ang ixus ko. your camera's a good buy.
Hey do you like free stuff? freebies or samples?

I like this blog and i found nice free computer stuff on it and its good i know of a good site for free computer stuff

Its number one site on the web for free computer stuff

Check it out at free computer stuff
Hey do you like free stuff? freebies or samples?

I like this blog and i found nice free sex stuff on it and its good i know of a good site for free sex stuff

Its number one site on the web for free sex stuff

Check it out at free sex stuff
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my training matrix site.
Have a great day!
Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com
Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

Add a comment